Which German words are used in English?
Top 20 German words used in English
- Kindergarten. Kinder = children. Garten = garden.
- Iceberg = Eisberg. Eis = ice. Berg = mountain.
- Wunderkind. Wunder = wonder, miracle. Kind = child.
- Angst. Angst = fear.
- Uber- = über. über = above, beyond.
- Zeitgeist. Zeit = time. Geist = spirit.
- Doppelganger = Doppelgänger. Doppel- = double.
- Poltergeist. poltern = to rumble.
How many days will it take to learn German?
German is rated as a category 2 language and considered to be similar to English. The FSI estimates that German takes approximately 30 weeks, or 750 classroom hours to learn. This study was conducted on a group of language students who spent 25 hours per week in class, and three hours daily on individual practice.
What are the 1000 most common words in German?
This is a list of the 1,000 most commonly spoken German words….1,000 Most Common German Words.
|Number||German Word||in English|
How do you say something is good?
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- It’s great.
- It’s fantastic.
- It’s excellent.
- It’s better than average.
- It’s not bad.
- I’d recommend it.
- I’m very impressed.
- It’s better than I expected.
How do you write about yourself in German?
15 Easy Sentences to Talk About Yourself in German
- Mein Name ist… (My name is…)
- Mir geht’s gut. (I’m fine)
- Ich komme aus… (I come from…)
- Ich wohne in… (I live in…)
- Ich bin ledig. (I am single.)
- Meine Handynummer ist… (My cell phone number is…)
- Ich studiere… (I am studying…)
- Ich bin ~ von Beruf. (I work as a ~.)
What is the longest math word?
Floccinaucinihilipilification. It is “the act or habit of estimating or describing something as worthless, or making something to be worthless by deprecation”. This word is frequently used in maths and maths related subjects
What word means good at everything?
Synonyms for Good at everything
- great at everything.
- jack of all trades.
- good at anything.
- of all trades.
- all rounder. n.
- best at everything.
What is the most German word?
The longest word in the standard German dictionary is Kraftfahrzeug-Haftpflichtversicherung – which is the word for motor vehicle liability insurance. But at 36 letters, it’s rather puny. Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften, a touch longer at 39 letters, is the language’s longest non-dictionary word
How do you tell someone you look cute?
TO A WOMAN
- You’re very beautiful!
- You’re very pretty!
- You look as pretty as always!
- You’re so adorable!
- You look drop-dead gorgeous!
- You have the most beautiful eyes! (or another feature that you like e.g. smile, nose, lips etc.)
- You have the most beautiful smile!
- You have the most beautiful lips!
Where is the purest German spoken?
How do you write an essay in German?
4 Successful Strategies for Writing an Essay in German
- Write down a list of words that you want to incorporate.
- Do your research.
- Make an outline using transition words.
- Don’t write it in English and then translate into German.
What are some common German words?
Top 10 cool and common German words pronounced by native German speakers
- Hallo. = Hello.
- Liebe = love. Love is a universal feeling and we definitely had to talk about it here.
- Glück = happiness. When there’s love, there’s definitely happiness.
- Katze = cat. Let’s talk pets.
- Hund = dog.
- lächeln = smile.
- Deutscher = german.