What do you call a police officer in France?
noun. agent mf de police ⧫ policier/ière m/f.
How big is the Paris police force?
Personnel: 45,860 employees, of which 30,200 police officers. 8,300 Military Personnel of the Paris Fire Brigade.
Does Paris have its own police force?
There are two national police forces called “Police nationale” and “Gendarmerie nationale”. The Prefecture of Police of Paris provides policing services directly to Paris as a subdivision of France’s Ministry of the Interior.
How do I report a crime in Paris?
If You Are the Victim of a Crime in France:
- Contact the local police and get immediate help. Dial 112 (English-speaking European emergency number).
- Seek Medical attention. Dial 112 (English-speaking).
- Notify the U.S. Embassy. From France dial 01.43. 12.22. From the U.S. dial 011.33. 1.43. 12.22.
Are police in France armed?
Weapons. Where French Municipal officers are equipped with firearms, many are equipped only with pepper spray, batons, and handcuffs, each municipal police agency may have different weapons, meaning that some municipal police may carry revolvers while others have more modern semi-automatic pistols.
How do you address a police officer in France?
French policemen are addressed formally as monsieur/madame l’agent and colloquially called flics (cops), although there are many less polite names. The police nationale are under the control of the Interior Ministry and are called agents de police.
What cars do French police drive?
- Citroën Berlingo II.
- Peugeot Expert.
- Unmarked Škoda Octavia, unmarked Peugeot 3008 and unmarked Ford Mondeo (brigade anti-criminalité)
- Ford C-Max (Second generation)
- Volkswagen Sharan.
- Peugeot Partner Mk2.
- Renault Mégane IV.
- Renault Kangoo II (Prefecture of Police of Paris), now used in the Paris Municipal Police.
Who controls the Police in France?
the Ministry of Interior
The French Gendarmerie (Gendarmerie Nationale or GN) is a police force under the administrative control of the Ministry of Interior. The French Gendarmerie is a military institution created to ensure public safety. It guarantees the protection of individuals and their properties, informs, warns and rescues.
Do French police officers carry guns?
In France the police are regularly armed, however, there is no official record of how frequently firearms are used.
How do you call the police in Paris?
Emergency phone numbers
- SAMU (Ambulance): 15.
- Police: 17.
- Fire: 18.
- General Emergency: 112 (EU-wide emergency number that will contact emergency services in any EU country or language; have this number on hand while traveling around Europe!)
How do I report a crime to the French police?
It is important to note that in case of any emergency, a crime against a person, or if the perpetrator is known call 17 or 112. The raison d’etre of pre-plainte en ligne is to speed up the reporting process by preparing the police station where a victim choses to report the crime.
How do I file a criminal complaint in France?
Filing a complaint at a police station or gendarmerie (“dépôt de plainte”) The easiest way to report a crime is to go directly to any police station and ask to file a complaint (“déposer plainte”). This procedure requires the presence of the victim.