How do I fix system tray icons?
There are two ways to show hidden icons in the system tray: Using the mouse and using Windows 10 Settings.
- Use a Mouse to Show Hidden Icons in the System Tray.
- Use Windows 10 Settings to Show Hidden Icons in the System Tray.
- Turn System Icons On or Off.
- Restart Windows Explorer.
- Reset or Delete the IconCache.
How do I refresh my tray icons?
Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and select Start Task Manager. Select the Processes tab, choose explorer.exe, and click End Process. Choose the Applications tab, click New Task, enter explorer.exe in the text box, and press Enter. Your icons should reappear.
How do I enable system tray icons?
Here’s how to turn Windows 10 System Tray icons on and off:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click Personalization.
- Click Taskbar.
- Click Turn System icons on or off.
- Click toggle switches to On if you want the icon to appear in your System Tray or Off to prevent the icon from appearing.
Why are my taskbar icons blank?
Buggy or outdated system files is another reason that can prevent the desktop, taskbar or the Start menu from functioning correctly. Installing the latest updates can help fix things like blank icons in Windows 10. 1. Open the Start menu and go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
Why my system tray is not working?
A quick first step when you have any taskbar issue in Windows is to restart the explorer.exe process. This controls the Windows shell, which includes the File Explorer app as well as the taskbar and Start menu. Restarting it can thus clear up any minor hiccups, such as your taskbar not working.
How do I reset my icon cache?
Let’s look at how to reset the icon cache database without rebooting Windows.
- Close all running apps;
- Open a command prompt window ( cmd.exe or powershell.exe ) as an administrator;
- Start Task Manager: taskmgr.exe.
- In the Task Manager window, go to the Details tab, find the explorer.exe process and kill it (End Task);
How do I refresh my Windows taskbar?
Open Task Manager. Click on the Processes tab. Scroll down, find, and click on Windows Explorer. Click on Restart in the lower-right corner. Your Taskbar will often disappear, so press the Windows key.
Can’t Turn system icons on or off?
Both are easy to fix. Here’s how. Press the Windows Key + S and type in icons and click on Turn system icons on or off. You can also go to Settings, Personalization, Taskbar, Turn system icons on or off.
How do I fix missing icons in the taskbar and Start menu?
Check the Taskbar Settings Click Start, then head to Settings > Personalization. From the left-hand menu, select Taskbar. Turn off the toggle below Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode. From the Notification section, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.