How do I become a London bus driver?
What we need from you
- Hold a full driver’s licence, with at least one year’s UK driving experience*
- Be prepared to work varying shift patterns, which include rostered weekends and bank holidays.
- Hold a current PCV licence & DQC or be prepared to train for one.
- Sense of humour and enthusiastic attitude.
How much does a bus driver get paid London?
The average pay for a Bus Driver is £36,912 a year and £18 an hour in London, United Kingdom. The average salary range for a Bus Driver is between £27,338 and £44,874.
Which bus company pays the most in London?
Top companies for Bus Drivers in London
- Totaljobs Group. 3.4. £17.60. per hour. 20 reviews8 salaries reported.
- Centaur Travel. 3.4. £17.51. per hour. 9 reviews5 salaries reported.
- Red Rose Travel. 4.1. £17.07. per hour. 7 reviews7 salaries reported.
- Go-Ahead London. 3.2. £16.91. per hour.
- Metroline. 3.3. £16.78. per hour.
How long does it take to become a bus driver in London?
How long will it take to become a bus driver with Go‑Ahead London? Your initial licence acquisition training will last approximately 7-8 weeks. Our driver training programme is part of a “Level 2 Passenger Transport Driver – Bus” apprenticeship programme.
How many hours do London bus drivers work?
The maximum total driving time across the entire rota is seven hours and 51 minutes on any day, the rota averages out at just under 40 hours a week and there are two scheduled rest days (including Sunday).
Is bus driver a good career?
“Working as a bus driver in London offers a rewarding career with competitive pay in relation to other roles. We encourage anyone who might be interested in this career path to get in touch with any of the ten bus operators to find out more.”
Who is the highest paid bus driver?
The states and districts that pay Bus Drivers the highest mean salary are New York ($64,330), Alaska ($60,400), Washington ($59,880), Massachusetts ($56,930), and California ($54,560). How Much Do Bus Drivers Make in Your City?
Are bus drivers skilled workers?
They are! “A job where you don’t need a specific skill to work there is unskilled. That doesn’t mean they’re not important! Nurses, bus drivers, supermarket workers are needed, but still unskilled.
Do you have to be a certain weight to be a bus driver?
There are no rules in health and safety legislation or in vehicle standards regulations which place weight limits on people driving buses.
How many hours do bus drivers work UK?
Most bus drivers are subject to general working time rules and domestic drivers’ hours rules, which among other things limit daily driving time to 10 hours and require a daily rest of 10 hours (which can be reduced to 8.5 hours three times per week).
What shifts do bus drivers do?