How can we learn from the mistakes of the past?
- Own up to it.
- Reframe your mistake as an opportunity to learn and develop.
- Review what went wrong, to understand and learn from your mistake.
- Identify the skills, knowledge, resources, or tools that will keep you from repeating the error.
- Review your progress.
What is the mean of costly?
costing much; expensive; high in price: a costly emerald bracelet; costly medical care. resulting in great expense: The upkeep of such a large house is costly. resulting in great detriment: It was a costly mistake because no one ever trusted him again. of great value; very valuable; sumptuous. lavish; extravagant.
What is another word for picturesque?
The words graphic and vivid are common synonyms of picturesque. While all three words mean “giving a clear visual impression in words,” picturesque suggests the presentation of a striking or effective picture composed of features notable for their distinctness and charm.
Does elated mean happy?
very happy or proud; jubilant; in high spirits: an elated winner of a contest.
What does humdrum mean?
dull, boring, and ordinary
What is the meaning of monotony?
1 : tedious sameness the monotony of the landscape the monotony of prison life fixing a variety of foods to avoid monotony — SHAPE. 2 : sameness of tone or sound the soft monotony of her voice.
What was the biggest mistake in history?
The 13 biggest mistakes in history
- Angering Genghis Khan.
- Turning down Brian Acton and Jan Koum for a job.
- Ordering trains that were too wide.
- Signing Brian Poole and the Tremeloes.
- Misspelling a company name.
- Tetraethyl Lead.
- The burning of the library at Alexandria.
- The battle of Karánsebes, 1788.
What is the opposite of picturesque?
That is picturesque which would make a striking picture. Antonyms: awkward, clumsy, deformed, disgusting, frightful, ghastly, grim, grisly, grotesque, hideous, horrid, odious, repulsive, shocking, ugly, unattractive, uncouth, ungainly, unlovely, unpleasant.
What is the most expensive mistake?
High seas disaster It’s hard not to think of the sinking of the Titanic when considering the most expensive mistakes in history. In 1912 the monetary loss of the ship, which was on its maiden voyage when it sank, was $7.5 million. According to Business Insider, that would be the equivalent of $168 million today.
Does tedious mean boring?
tedious Add to list Share. If something is tedious, it’s boring. If you’re anxious to get outside and enjoy the sun, even the best lecture will seem tedious. Tedious is the adjective from tedium, which is both Latin and English for boredom.
What kind of word is tedious?
adjective. marked by monotony or tedium; long and tiresome: tedious tasks; a tedious journey. wordy so as to cause weariness or boredom, as a speaker, a writer, or the work they produce; prolix.
Which adjectives mean the same as picturesque?
Synonyms for Picturesque:
- adj. •all (adjective) picturesque. •artistic (adjective) fine, grandest, graceful. •attractive, referring to scenery (adjective) beautiful, pretty,
- n. • clean, discursive, diffuse, declamatory, chatty, articulate, conversational,
- Other synonyms: • unspoiled, foreign. • uninterrupted, picture postcard. • photographic,
What does brooch mean?
: an ornament that is held by a pin or clasp and is worn at or near the neck.
Is Elated an emotion?
If you experience sudden very high spirits, possibly even a feeling of lightness, you are feeling great elation. Elation is more than mere happiness — it is extreme, exhilarating joy.
What does picturesque mean in English?
1a : resembling a picture : suggesting a painted scene. b : charming or quaint in appearance. 2 : evoking mental images : vivid.
Which word is most appropriate to replace sweltered?
Synonyms & Antonyms of sweltering
What are some of the costliest mistakes ever made in history?
The most expensive mistakes in history
- Lost bitcoin.
- Trains too wide for the rail.
- Apple founder sells shares.
- New Coke.
- The heavy submarine. David Nagle/U.S. Navy/Getty Images.
- Millennium Bridge. Laurence Griffiths/ALLSPORT/Getty Images.
- New Jersey schools. Richard MELLOUL/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images.
- The Hateful Eight guitar. zoff-photo/iStock/Getty Images Plus.
What is a picturesque view?
adjective. visually pleasing, esp in being striking or vivida picturesque view. having a striking or colourful character, nature, etc. (of language) graphic; vivid.
What is a illegal?
Something illegal is against the law or breaks the rules. Acts that go against the law, such as robbing a bank, are also illegal. There is a wide range of things called illegal, from small acts to big ones, but no matter the seriousness, if it is against the law, it is illegal.
How do you use the word tedious?
Tedious in a Sentence 🔉
- Watching paint dry seems tedious.
- I spent tedious long hours alphabetizing a list of 2,000 names.
- My professor’s tedious history lectures have the entire class yawning.
- You may find sewing fun and interesting, but I find it very boring and tedious.
What is picturesque architecture?
Picturesque, artistic concept and style of the late 18th and early 19th centuries characterized by a preoccupation with the pictorial values of architecture and landscape in combination with each other. …
What was the worst mistake in the history of the human race?
And a bad move, according to anthropologist-author Jared Diamond (Guns, Germs and Steel). “The worst mistake in the history of the human race,” he called it in a 1987 essay. “With agriculture came the gross social and sexual inequality, the disease and despotism, that curse our existence.”
What is admonished mean?
transitive verb. 1a : to indicate duties or obligations to. b : to express warning or disapproval to especially in a gentle, earnest, or solicitous manner were admonished for being late. 2 : to give friendly earnest advice or encouragement to admonished them to be careful …