What screwdriver do I need to open a Mac mini?
For the 2018 mac mini you need a TORX SET for this computer – this Torx size 6 Security screwdriver (T6) is VERY difficult to find and you will most likely only find this online. (TORX = star screw; SECURITY TORX = star screw with a dot in the middle).
How do I open tiny Torx?
How to Unscrew a Torx Screw Without a Screwdriver
- Use a plastic toothbrush. Similar to its use on both Phillips and flat head screws, a plastic toothbrush can also be used to remove a Torx screw. …
- Use a small flat head screwdriver. …
- Break out the pin for security Torx screws.
What size Torx do I need for MacBook Pro?
Pentalobe screw sizes include TS1 (0.8 mm, used on every iPhone starting with the iPhone 4), TS4 (1.2 mm, used on the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro with Retina display), and TS5 (1.5 mm, used on the 2009 MacBook Pro battery).
How do you take the back off a Mac mini?
Remove the bottom cover
- Turn off your Mac mini.
- Disconnect the power cord and all other cables from your Mac mini.
- Lay your Mac mini upside down on a soft cloth or towel, and then rotate the bottom cover counterclockwise to the unlocked position.
- Press on the cover to pop up the opposite side, and then remove the cover.
Are pentalobe and Torx the same?
It’s similar to a Torx—except that the points have a rounder shape, and it has five points instead of six. Apple’s service manuals refer to them as “Pentalobular” screws, which is a descriptive enough term.
Is P5 and T5 screwdriver the same?
About this item. ❤ 5 point (P5) screwdriver is used for opening the back panel screws. ❤ 6 point (T5) screwdriver is used for taking off the battery and fan screws.
What can I use instead of Torx screwdriver?
Sometimes an allen key will work, or even a flat blade screwdriver if it will jam between opposite points in the recess. Either way, be ready to replace the screw and/or the tool used because of damage. Your best bet is just to get a Torx key.
How do you open up a Mac mini?