What is the selection pointer in Word?
Select text by using the mouse
|To select||Do this|
|A word||Double-click anywhere in the word.|
|A line of text||Move the pointer to the left of the line until it changes to a right-pointing arrow, and then click.|
|A sentence||Hold down CTRL, and then click anywhere in the sentence.|
|A paragraph||Triple-click anywhere in the paragraph.|
How do I insert an arrow in Word?
How to Insert Arrows in Word
- Open the Word document that you want to insert arrows.
- There is “Insert” tab at the top of the word document.
- Hit the “Illustrations” tab and there you can see the “Shapes” to get the work done.
- Click “Line and Connectors” option to access the type of shape i.e. arrow.
What is selecting text in MS Word?
Selecting the Text
- Single-word: For selecting a single word in MS-Word quickly double-click that word with mouse.
- Line of text: For selecting a line of text, place your cursor at the start of the line and then press “Shift + down arrow”.
How do you highlight selected text in Word?
Highlight selected text
- Select the text that you want to highlight.
- Go to Home and select the arrow next to Text Highlight Color.
- Select the color that you want. Note: Use a light highlight color if you plan to print the document by using a monochrome palette or printer.
What are the little arrows in Word?
In Word, these markers indicate the ends of paragraphs, and are created when you press RETURN at the end of a line. You will also see other characters which are normally invisible, such as spaces, which appear as dots between words and tabs, which appear as tiny arrows.
How do you type an arrow?
How to type an arrow?
- Make sure you switch on the NumLock,
- press and hold down the Alt key,
- type the Alt Code value of the arrow you want, for example for an arrow down symbol, type 2 5 on the numeric pad ,
- release the Alt key and you got a ↓ downwards arrow.
What are the shortcuts for selecting?
Hold down the “Ctrl” key and the “Shift” key. Press the right arrow key to select the word to the right, or press the left arrow key to select the word to the left. Select one character at a time by holding down the “Shift” key and and using either arrow key (right or left).
How do I fix the cursor in word?
In the meantime, please try changing the mouse pointer settings in the Control Panel by following these steps and see if it helps.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Select Mouse.
- On the Mouse properties dialog box, select the Pointers tab.
- Under Customize, choose Text Select.
- Click Use Default.
- Click Apply and OK.
What is the little arrow in my Word document?
How do you select an object in Word?
On the Home tab, click Select and then click Select Objects. Use the mouse to draw a selection rectangle around the shapes.
How to type arrow in Microsoft Word?
How to Type Arrow in Word 1 Open a Microsoft Word document on your computer. Find the Word document you want to edit in your files, and double-click on its name or icon to open it. 2 Click the INSERT tab. 3 Click the. 4 Click More Symbols at the bottom. 5 Click the arrow icon you want to insert. 6 Click the Insert button. See More….
How to draw a crosshair arrow in Microsoft Word?
On the “Insert” tab on the Ribbon, click the “Shapes” button. In the Lines group on the drop-down menu, click the “Line Arrow” option. A crosshair symbol will display. Press and hold your mouse button, then drag to draw the arrow. Release the mouse button to finish drawing the arrow. Now let’s go a step further.
How do I change the length of an arrow in word?
To change the length of your arrow, one way you can quickly accomplish this is with your mouse. Hover over the arrow tip until you see the double-arrow symbol. Click and then drag your mouse to make the arrow shorter or longer or point it in a new direction.
How do I change the orientation of an arrow?
Click and then drag your mouse to make the arrow shorter or longer or point it in a new direction. If you only want to shorten or lengthen the arrow without risking reorienting it, hold Shift down while you click and drag it. To make even more changes to your arrow, you can: Use the options in the Format tab in the Ribbon