What is the math curriculum for 2nd grade?
The major math strands for second grade curriculum are number sense and operations, algebra, geometry and spatial sense, measurement, and data analysis and probability.
Where can I do math for free?
11 Free Math Sites for Kids: Math Websites for Students
- Fun Brain. Find math games by topic or by grade at FunBrain.
- Math Blaster.
- Learn Zillion.
- Hooda Math.
- Manga High.
- Math Game Time.
- Math Playground.
How can I teach math without a curriculum?
HOW TO TEACH MATH WITHOUT A CURRICULUM
- #1 BAKE! Honestly, this is probably the one I am the worst at.
- #2 LET THEM FIGURE IT OUT. Do your kids often come to you with a question that is obviously math related?
- #3 PLAY GAMES.
- #4 READ MATH PICTURE BOOKS.
- #5 FIGURE OUT AGE APPROPRIATE SKILLS.
What should my 2nd grader know?
By the end of 2nd grade, kids should be able to: Have a bigger vocabulary (get practice with vocabulary worksheets, 2nd grade academic vocabulary words, and 2nd grade books that boost vocabulary). Read aloud fluently and with expression. (Watch an example of a second grader reading fluently with expression.)
What is the best free math program?
10 Free Math Apps for Students that Teachers Swear By
- Prodigy Game. Meant for students of grades 1-8, Prodigy Game is available for free on iOS, Android and web platforms.
- Math Training for Kids.
- Colorado’s PhET.
- Khan Academy.
How do you homeschool math?
Not sure how to even begin, well here are 12 ways to homeschool math without a curriculum or workbook.
- Talk About it in Your Homeschool.
- Measure, Weigh or Build Something.
- Find Fun Online Math Games.
- Pick Up Some Living Math Books.
- Cook Up Some Homeschool Math.
- Go Shopping (Preferably a Sale)
How can I make homeschool math fun?
5 Easy Ways to Make Homeschool Math Fun
- Teach to Learning Styles.
- Make Homeschool Math a Game.
- Show the Real World Application.
- Make Those Devices Work for You.
- Discover, Don’t Drill Homeschool Math.