What is the best definition of genuine?
1 : actual, real, or true : not false or fake genuine gold. 2 : sincere and honest She showed genuine interest. Other Words from genuine. genuinely adverb.
What does genuine mean in French?
adjective. 1. (= real) [work of art] authentique. [jewels, material] véritable.
What does genuine mean in slang?
If you describe a person as genuine, you approve of them because they are honest, truthful, and sincere in the way they live and in their relationships with other people. [approval] She is very caring and very genuine. Synonyms: sincere, straightforward, honest, natural More Synonyms of genuine.
Does genuine mean fake?
Genuine things are true or authentic. When you’re talking about people, being genuine has to do with being sincere. This word has to do with things and people that are true. A genuine blonde is a real blonde — no hair dye involved.
What is genuine example?
The definition of genuine is authentic, real and honest. An example of genuine is an actual piece of leather, as opposed to a piece of plastic which is textured to look and feel like leather. An example of genuine is a person who is always sincere. adjective.
How can I be genuine?
- Genuine people don’t try to make people like them. Genuine people are who they are.
- They don’t pass judgment.
- They forge their own paths.
- They are generous.
- They treat everyone with respect.
- They aren’t motivated by material things.
- They are trustworthy.
- They are thick-skinned.
How do you say genuine in different languages?
In other languages genuine
- American English: genuine /dˈʒɛnyuɪn/
- Arabic: أَصْلِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: genuíno.
- Chinese: 真实的
- Croatian: nepatvoren.
- Czech: pravý nefalšovaný
- Danish: ægte.
- Dutch: echt.
What does it mean when a guy calls you genuine?
According to the dictionary, the word genuine simply means sincere and honest. Basically, genuine people are those that mean what they say, say what they mean, and whose actions closely follow their words.
What do you call a genuine person?
sincere, honest, truthful, unhypocritical, meaning what one says, straightforward, direct, frank, candid, open. artless, natural, unaffected, guileless, ingenuous. informal straight, upfront, on the level. North American informal on the up and up.
How do you call someone genuine?
- sincere, honest, truthful, unhypocritical, meaning what one says, straightforward, direct, frank, candid, open.
- artless, natural, unaffected, guileless, ingenuous.
- informal straight, upfront, on the level.
- North American informal on the up and up.
- Australian, New Zealand informal dinkum.
How do you say someone is genuine?
Words used to describe honest and sincere people and behaviour – thesaurus
- honest. adjective. a person who is honest does not tell lies or cheat people, and obeys the law.
- sincere. adjective.
- fine. adjective.
- genuine. adjective.
- decent. adjective.
- truthful. adjective.
- principled. adjective.
- irreproachable. adjective.
What is the meaning of genuine and original?
/ (ˈdʒɛnjʊɪn) / adjective. not fake or counterfeit; original; real; authentic. not pretending; frank; sincere. being of authentic or original stock.