What is Smoothwall proxy?
A Smoothwall web proxy will send internet traffic out via the default gateway configured on an interface. It is possible to have multiple internet connections on a Smoothwall system and thus also multiple gateways.
Can you bypass Smoothwall?
Bypassing the proxy can be done in two ways. Adding the target domains/IP Addresses to proxy bypass settings on the client. Adding IP addresses to the transparent proxy bypass settings on the Smoothwall.
What is global proxy?
The global proxy allows a direct connection to the Smoothwall Filter through external interfaces for remote devices. To reduce any potential risk from malicious abuse, because this feature means that the Smoothwall Filter can be accessed as a public facing service, there’s an additional layer of certificate security.
What is a caching proxy?
Caching Proxy reduces bandwidth use and improves a website’s speed and reliability by providing a point-of-presence node for one or more back-end content servers. The Caching Proxy can cache and serve static content and content that is dynamically generated by WebSphere® Application Server.
What is a nontransparent proxy?
Nontransparent proxy deployment refers to a deployment in which client software is made aware in some way of the proxy’s existence. Then clients send their Web requests to the proxy regardless of the origin servers specified in the URLs.
How do you remove a Smoothwall from school?
How do you get past the Smoothwall at school?
- Use a Proxy Site to Get Around URL Restrictions.
- Use a VPN to Encrypt Your Traffic.
- Type the IP Address of the Website.
- Use Google Translate as an Impromptu Proxy Server.
- Use a Smartphone Hotspot on Mobile Data.
- You Could Have Your Personal Information Stolen.
How do you get rid of Smoothwall at school?
- In the Smoothwall, from the SERVICES menu, under the Authentication submenu, click Directories.
- Hover your cursor over the directory: If it’s not needed, click Delete. If you want to keep it click Edit, and then for the Status, clear the Enabled option.
How do I setup a global proxy?
To set the Internet proxy:
- Open the PortalProtect Web console.
- On the sidebar, click Administration > Proxy.
- Select Use a proxy server for Web reputation, updates and product license notifications.
- Enter the following to set the Proxy Server:
- Server name or IP address.
- Choose whether to use SOCKS 5 proxy protocol.
What is smoothwall client?
Smoothwall (formerly styled as SmoothWall) is a Linux distribution designed to be used as an open source firewall. Smoothwall is configured via a web-based GUI and requires little or no knowledge of Linux to install or use.
How many schools use smoothwall?
Welcome to Smoothwall Smoothwall is the leading digital safeguarding solutions provider in UK Education. 10,000 schools, colleges and multi-academy trusts depend on our technologies to keep their students safe and their education organisations compliant.