What is an exegetical commentary?
Exegetical Commentaries By contrast, an exegetical commentary focuses primarily on the original language and is often much lighter when it comes to application. Some exegetical commentaries provide more interpretation, others focus more on various forms of criticism, and don’t spend as much time on what the text means.
Where can I find Bible commentaries?
Find Bible Commentaries
- Begin with Bible dictionary to provide background information, definitions, dates, and perhaps a beginning bibliography.
- Recommended reference work: The Anchor Bible Dictionary.
- There are other possibly useful bible dictionaries and commentaries in the same reference area.
What denomination is Blue Letter Bible?
The Blue Letter Bible Project is an initiative of Sowing Circle, a United States-based, non-denominational Christian ministry that has created a study Bible and Bible study tools stated to “make reading, searching and studying the Bible easy and rewarding”.
Did Hosea and Gomer reconcile?
The eventual reconciliation of Hosea and Gomer is treated as a hopeful metaphor for the eventual reconciliation between Yehovah and Israel. Dated to c. 760–720 BC, it is one of the oldest books of the Hebrew Bible, predating final recensions of the full Torah (Pentateuch).
Is Bible commentary an exegesis?
Commentaries help explain the Bible passages and are a useful tool in conducting biblical exegesis. The Libraries have a number of Biblical Commentaries which can be checked out.
What are the different types of Bible commentaries?
Types of Commentaries
- International Critical Commentary. Word Biblical Commentary. Hermeneia.
- New International Biblical Commentary. New International Commentary on the New Testament.
- Preacher’s Complete Homiletical Commentary. Pillar New Testament Commentary.
- Life Application Bible Commentary. Holman Commentary.
What is the easiest Bible to understand?
The Holy Bible: Easy-to-Read Version (ERV) is an English translation of the Bible compiled by the World Bible Translation Center. It was originally published as the English Version for the Deaf (EVD) by BakerBooks. God made the sky and earth.
What happened to Hosea’s wife in the Bible?
The Lord had Hosea marry a prostitute named Gomer. He took her as his wife, but Gomer kept wandering into the arms of other lovers. She was unfaithful. And yet the Lord told Hosea to keep going after her again and again, and bring her back home.