What is a Section 50 application?

Any person or organisation who wishes to carry out works on a highway, will need to apply for a street works licence (Section 50 Licence). This requirement does not apply to anyone acting under a statutory right.

What is a street works permit?

A licence is needed to dig up the road to work on things like drains, cables, ducts, sewer pipes, water and gas pipes etc. These are also known as Section 50 (street works) or Section 171 (temporary excavation) licence.

How do I email Surrey County Council?

Alternatively, you can contact us by: Telephone 0300 200 1004 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)…You can make an online enquiry to our service in the following ways:

  1. Complete an online enquiry form.
  2. Email: [email protected]
  3. Follow SurreyFIS on Twitter.
  4. Visit our Facebook page.

What is a road opening licence?

A Road Opening Licence allows the holder to excavate a section of public road, i.e. carriageway/footway and associated grass verge. A licence is required if an individual/contractor wishes to open a footpath, road or street for any reason.

What is a section 58 notice?

This Section 58 notice prevents utilities from digging up roads and footways for a period between 3 to 5 years after the road has been reconstructed or resurfaced. There are some exemptions to the rule such as: Minor works that do not involve breaking up or excavation of the highway. Immediate (emergency) works.

What is a S38 agreement?

A Section 38 agreement (or S38) is a section of the Highways Act 1980 that can be used when a developer proposes to construct a new estate road for residential, industrial or general purpose traffic that may be offered to the Highway Authority for adoption as a public highway.

How much is a street works permit?

The cost which ranges from £40 to £345 covers the administrative cost of operating the scheme. If works that require a permit take place without one, the works promoter may be issued with a fixed penalty notice of up to £500, and ordered to apply and pay for the permit that they should have had in the first place.

What is a Section 74?

Section 74 of NRSWA allows highway authorities to charge undertakers if street works are unreasonably prolonged (ie take longer than previously agreed). The regulations, The Street Works (Charges for Unreasonably Prolonged.

How do I complain about Surrey social services?

Contact the person or team that delivers the service you wish to complain about….Who should you contact?

  1. Address: Adult Social Care Customer Relations Team, Surrey County Council, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford, Surrey GU2 4BB.
  2. Email: [email protected]
  3. Tel: 01483 518300.

What is the Surrey family information service?

Surrey Family Information Service (FIS) is a free impartial information and signposting service for families with children aged 0 to 25. We can help you find organisations and services that may be able to support your family including information about childcare, finances, parenting and activities in your local area.

What is a T1 road opening Licence?

A T1 Road Opening licence is required for carrying out major roadworks which involve more than one road and/or affects road engineering assets that are covered by a T2/T3 licence.

What is a T2 road opening Licence?

A T2 or T3 (Road Opening) licence is required to excavate a section of public road (i.e. roadway, cycleway, footway or grass verge) and to carry out the reinstatement of the same.

How do I submit a section 50 application to Surrey CC?

When you submit this application you will receive a reference number for future correspondence. We require that you then email attachments covering the following to [email protected] This initial application does not guarantee road space availability and will be subject to approval.

Will Surrey County Council issue a S50 Street Works licence?

Following the court ruling in the case brought between Calor Gas Limited and Norfolk County Council (CO/3161/2018) and in accordance with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 Schedule 3, section 9, Surrey County Council will not issue s50 Street Works Licences for the installation of apparatus that “runs along the line of the street”.

How do I contact Surrey County Council for a lane rental?

If in doubt please contact us via email: [email protected] On the 1 April 2021, Surrey County Council will introduce the Surrey Lane Rental Scheme.

What is the duration of a section 50 licence?

Essex Highways, on behalf of Essex County Council, provides two durations of Section 50 Licences, a 5 year or 25 year Section 50 Licence. 5 year licence – can only be issued, if written confirmation is sent in with the application confirming that the apparatus is to be adopted by the relevant utility company (gas, water, electric)