What does UW 1XX mean?

A 1XX or 2XX instead of a course number indicates that the course transfers but is not equivalent to a specific course at the UW. 1XX indicates community/technical college courses offered at the 100 level; 2XX indicates courses offered at the 200 level.

How hard is it to transfer to UW?

Final Verdict: How to transfer into UW-Seattle UW-Seattle accepts 48.69% transfer applicants, which is competitive. To have a shot at transferring into UW-Seattle, you should have a current GPA of at least 3.8 – ideally you’re GPA will be around 3.95. In addition, you will need to submit standardized test scores.

Is University of Washington a community college?

The University of Washington (UW, simply Washington, or informally U-Dub) is a public research university in Seattle, Washington.

Can I transfer to UW as a sophomore?

A student’s class standing is determined by the total number of transfer credits awarded by the UW, not by the number of years of college study or by the completion of an associate degree….Class standing.

Class Awarded Credits Needed
Sophomore 45 – 89 credits
Junior 90 – 134 credits
Senior 135+ credits

What GPA is required for University of Washington?

With a GPA of 3.8, University of Washington requires you to be near the top of your class, and well above average. You’ll need mostly A’s, ideally with several AP or IB classes to help show your preparation at a college level. If you’re a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change from this point on.

Is University of Washington prestigious?

The University of Washington is one of the largest and most prestigious higher education institutions on the west coast of the US.

Can you go straight to university after high school?

A university is also a school you can go to after high school. You can get an associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate degree at a university. Universities usually have even more majors than colleges do. A university is usually bigger than a college.

Is UW a prestigious school?

Can I transfer to Cornell?

You must apply to Cornell as a transfer student if you’ve graduated from high school and have earned 12 or more credits (not including exams such as Advanced Placement) at another college or university. If you’ve enrolled as a full-time student at another institution, you’re also considered a transfer applicant.