What does architect do?
Architects create designs for new construction projects, alterations and redevelopments. They use their specialist construction knowledge and high-level drawing skills to design buildings that are functional, safe, sustainable and aesthetically pleasing.
What are the benefits of being an architect?
7 wonderful benefits of a career in Architecture
- Interesting and creative work.
- The field attracts passionate and like-minded people.
- It’s a fascinating, fast-paced career.
- Greater appreciation and understanding of the cities and buildings around you.
- You can make an impact on the city and people around you.
- Respected career.
What do architects earn?
“It’s been a long time since architects were rich! It’s a big commitment and a vocation,” says Andy Wilde, founder, Wilde Architects. Architects earn an average salary of £27,000- £35,000 in the UK (USD $34,895 – $45,234).
Why are architects poor?
Principals at major corporate firms like Gensler, SOM, HOK, etc… earn more like $500,000 to $1,000,000. Architects consider themselves poor because they always compare themselves to other white collar professionals like lawyers, doctors, and bankers who generally make more money.
How do architects get rich?
Most architects are making money in a service business. They sell their skills, time and expertise in exchange for money. There is a typical problem with service businesses, which I’m sure most of you have already experienced.
Which architect get paid the most?
Top 10 Highest Paying Architect Careers
- Landscape Architect. Average Salary: $28,885 – $132,393.
- Architectural Technologist.
- Architectural Designer.
- Preservation Architect.
- Green Building & Retrofit Architect.
- Commercial Architect.
- Industrial Architect.
- Architecture Manager.