What do you wear on a safari?
Your typical safari outfit is going to look something like this:
- Neutral-colored shorts.
- Neutral-colored sleeveless shirt.
- Breathable socks and sports bra.
- Comfortable tennis shoes.
- A hat, sunglasses, and a nice layer of sunscreen.
What should you not wear on safari?
Avoid black and dark blue clothing (both colors attract tsetse flies), and leave bright-white items at home; safari parks are often dusty, and white clothes may get dingy. You want to see wildlife on safari, not look like it!
What should I wear to a 2021 safari?
What to Wear on Safari
- The best way to get close to the wildlife is to blend in with your surroundings as much as possible by going neutral.
- Light-weight, breathable fabrics minimise noise when walking.
- Airy, long-sleeved shirts with a collar will keep the sun off your arms and neck.
Can you wear GREY on safari?
Shorts and shirts are quite comfortable on a safari especially during the day, but sometimes during the game drives and short walks in the bushes you might wish you had covered up a little more. So light weight pants in light colors like cream,khaki and Chinos or grey are good for the game drives and walks.
Can I wear leggings on safari?
Leggings are the most comfortable, packabe safari pants. So they’re definitely a good choice to wear on safari. While you can easily wear a pair of black leggings when you’re inside the vehicle, you might want to consider a lighter color to wear outdoors by the campfire (you’ll thank us later).
Can you wear GREY on a safari?
Can you wear perfume on safari?
Don’t: Wear loads of perfume While everyone wants to smell fresh and zesty – it’s not a good idea in the African bush as insects will want that same closeness to you.
Is GREY okay to wear on safari?
Can you wear sneakers on safari?
Comfortable trail shoes, sturdy sneakers or even lightweight hiking boots are your best bet for a safari trip. You’ll need something that’s going to be comfortable enough to go walking in, so make sure you’ve worn them in enough to know that no blisters are in your future.
Can I wear jeans on safari?
You can wear any kind of shirts, t-shirts, shorts, leggings, even blue jeans if that’s what you want! It’s good to have a fleece because early mornings and late evenings are chilly. Sometimes I even need a knit cap! If you don’t do walking safaris, you don’t need walking shoes.
Can you smoke on safari?
3. Can you smoke when you are on safari? Due to a variety of factors smoking is not permitted in our safari vehicles. However, regular stops can be arranged for you to enjoy your cigarette.