How much does it cost to register a company in Ghana?
one hundred and seventy-five Ghana cedis
The current official fee for registering a company is one hundred and seventy-five Ghana cedis (GHS175. 00). 0.5% of the stated capital of the company. After the company has been incorporated, it has to be registered with the Ghana Revenue Authority.
Can one person form a company in Ghana?
A Ghanaian LLC can be formed by a single shareholder, who must appoint two directors. While all can be foreigners, one of the directors must be ordinarily resident in Ghana.
What is needed to register a company in Ghana?
REGISTRATION PROCESS / PROCEDURE(Walk-in procedure)
- Provide 3 business/company name for search for availability of a name.
- Buy or download required Entity Registration form>
- Complete the Entity Form.
- Pick a ticket per the Entity Type.
- Wait till your ticket number is called.
How much do you need to start a business in Ghana?
For company to be qualified as foreign local partnership, there should be a Ghanaian partner who must have a minimum of least 10% stake or share in the proposed company. The company must also meet the following stated capital: Services industry: minimum investment required is $200,000.00.
What documents do you need to register a company?
The following supporting documents are required: o Certified identity copy of applicant; o Certified copies of the Identity Documents or passport of the Directors and Incorporators; o The name confirmation certificate (COR9.
How do I register a private company in Ghana?
- Step 1 – Company Name search at RGD. Conduct your company name search in Ghana to ensure the availability of the proposed business name for the company.
- Step 2 – Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) registration for all company directors, secretary and shareholders.
What are the three types of companies?
There are three principal categories of business organizations; that is; sole proprietorship, partnership and a company.
- Private Company: A private company allows its shareholders to transfer its shares.
- Public Company:
- Companies Limited by Guarantee:
- Companies Limited by Share:
- Unlimited Company:
How many shareholders must a company have?
A company limited by shares must have at least one shareholder, who can be a director. If you’re the only shareholder, you’ll own 100% of the company. There’s no maximum number of shareholders. The price of an individual share can be any value.
What are the types of companies in Ghana?
There are six business entities or company types in Ghana with regards to the laws of the state….The company types are;
- Sole proprietorship.
- External company.
- Company limited by shares.
- Company limited by guarantee.
- Company unlimited by shares.
Can I register my business online in Ghana?
Electronic Registration is a 24-hour online service provided by the Registrar-General’s Department (RGD) to facilitate electronic submission of applications for individuals who wish to register their businesses online via the portal.
What can I sell to make money in Ghana?
Now on to our list of most profitable business ideas in Ghana;
- 1 Poultry Farming. Number 1 on our list of most profitable business opportunities in Ghana would be poultry farming.
- 2 Snail Farming.
- 3 Vegetable Farming.
- 4 Uber.
- 5 Day Care Centre/Basic School.
- 6 Photography Services.
- 7 Barbering Saloon.
- 8 Gym/Fitness Centre.
Do I need an accountant to register a company?
While there is no legal requirement for limited companies to use an accountant there are many benefits in doing so, such as completing your annual accounts and company tax return. They can also take care of tax registration for new companies.