How many cubic feet does 1 gallon of water take up?
0.1337 cubic feet
* 1 US gallon = 0.1337 cubic feet = 3.79 liters. * 1 Million gallons = 3.07 acre-feet = 1.547 cfs per day.
What is the formula for gallons to cubic feet?
There are 7.48 gallons of water in one cubic foot of water. To convert gallons to cubic feet, divide the total gallons by 7.48. To convert cubic feet to gallons, multiply the cubic feet by 7.48.
What volume is a gallon of water?
231 cubic inches
The US liquid gallon (frequently called simply “gallon”) is legally defined as 231 cubic inches, which is exactly 3.785411784 litres.
How do you calculate cubic feet of water?
- 3.1417 x R² x D. = Cubic Feet.
- Cubic ft x 7.47. = Gallons.
How many square feet is in a gallon of water?
Gallon to Square feet Calculator
|1 gallon =||0.2614 ft2||1 ft2 =|
|2 gallon =||0.415 ft2||2 ft2 =|
|3 gallon =||0.5438 ft2||3 ft2 =|
|4 gallon =||0.6588 ft2||4 ft2 =|
|5 gallon =||0.7645 ft2||5 ft2 =|
How do I convert gallons to square feet?
How to Calculate Gallons of Water Per Square Feet
- Measure the depth of the structure in which the water is located.
- Multiply the depth in feet times the width and length of the pool (square footage) to find the cubic feet.
- Multiply the cubic feet by the amount of water per cubic foot, which is 7.48 gallons.
How many gallons is 8 cubic feet?
Cubic Feet to US Gallons (Liquid) table
|Cubic Feet||US Gallons (Liquid)|
|5 ft³||37.40 US gal lqd|
|6 ft³||44.88 US gal lqd|
|7 ft³||52.36 US gal lqd|
|8 ft³||59.84 US gal lqd|
How many gallons of water are in a square foot?
7.48 is a the number of gallons in a square foot of space.
How do I calculate volume of water in a tank?
To find the capacity of a rectangular or square tank: Multiply length (L) by width (W) to get area (A). Multiply area by height (H) to get volume (V). Multiply volume by 7.48 gallons per cubic foot to get capacity (C).