How do you style a living room with hardwood floors?
- Choose a complementary color palette.
- Vary materials across furniture and accessories.
- Continue wood floors throughout rooms.
- Soften wood floors with rugs.
- Accentuate modern wood floors.
- Mix wood tones between floors and furniture.
- Use texture to balance wood floors.
- Lighten up dark wood floors.
What flooring is best for living room?
Although carpet has traditionally been a favourite living room flooring choice, today hard surface materials such as wood, rigid LVT, and laminate are often the preferred choice. These flooring materials are all much easier to clean and maintain than carpet, and more resistant to stains.
Should wood floors match furniture?
When you have lighter wood floors, you don’t want larger, sturdier furniture pieces to overpower them. Similarly, darker floors can swallow slimmer accents and furniture. A good rule of thumb is that more delicate pieces of furniture go well with lighter floors, while heavier pieces match better with dark woods.
Do wood floors have to match room to room?
Put simply, the answer to the question do wood floors have to match room to room, is entirely one of personal choice. You can choose to have different flooring in each room if that works for you, but synergy and flow from selecting one central flooring material can look wonderful too.
What is the latest trend in living room flooring?
Engineered hardwood is the best in luxury flooring, offering real wood veneers with the highest level of detail and quality. Choose from a number of popular wood species to elevate your home. Here are some of the top engineered hardwood trends in 2022: Water-resistant and waterproof engineered wood.
What is the most popular flooring in homes today?
1. Hardwood Continues to Dominate. Hardwood has remained at the top of the podium for decades now and continues to dominate the home flooring industry.