How do you slow cook ham and potatoes?
- Place potatoes at bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Trim as much fat from ham as you need to to make it fit in your crock.
- Place ham shank flat side down in crock.
- Stick cloves around the ham.
- Pour gingerale over the ham and potatoes.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove cloves before serving.
How long does it take to cook scalloped potatoes and ham in a slow cooker?
Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix potatoes, onion and ham; spoon into slow cooker. In medium bowl, mix soup, milk, cheese and pepper; pour over potato mixture. Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Is there a difference between scalloped potatoes and au gratin?
Still, the modern, acceptable difference between the two is that au gratin potatoes have cheese whereas scalloped potatoes are simply potatoes cooked in cream. To make things more complicated, Julia Child’s famous Scalloped Potatoes recipe is translated from a French recipe called Gratin Dauphinois.
How do you make scalloped potatoes and ham in a crockpot?
- Place sliced potatoes in slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix together shredded cheese, onion and ham. Mix with potatoes in slow cooker. Using the same bowl, mix together condensed soup and water. Season to taste with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours.
What can I make with ham and potato?
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter.
- Sprinkle the flour over the cooked onion and stir to combine.
- Spread the potatoes evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish and top with the diced ham.
- Cover and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese.
What goes good with scalloped potatoes?
What to Serve With Scalloped Potatoes
- Ham. Let’s kick things off with a sweet, savory, and smoky hunk of meat.
- Fried Pork Chops. Fried pork chops are not only tasty but super easy to make, too!
- Rosemary Chicken. Rosemary chicken is a weeknight staple.
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus.
- BBQ Ribs.
Can you slice potatoes ahead of time for au gratin?
If you’re here, you’ll probably be glad to know that yes, you can peel and cut potatoes the day before you plan to serve them — and that it’s super easy! All you have to do is submerge the bare potato pieces in water and refrigerate (more on that later).
How long does it take scalloped potatoes to cook in a slow cooker?
Lay paper towels over the top of the slow cooker, cover, and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 4 hours. Top with Parmesan cheese and cook uncovered on HIGH for 10 minutes. ENJOY!
How do you make scalloped ham and potatoes?
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook onion and butter over medium low until onion is tender.
- Turn heat to low and add milk a little bit at a time whisking between each addition.
- Place ⅓ of the potatoes topped with ⅓ of the ham and ⅓ of the sauce.
- Bake covered for 50 minutes.
- Cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
How do you make a ham and potato casserole?
What veggies go with ham and scalloped potatoes?
Asparagus is a super simple veggie to prepare. Make this delicious side dish to go along with any meal. You’ll enjoy every bite of this sauteed asparagus!