How do you list references on a CV?
How to include references in your CV
- Ask permission to include the reference.
- State the reference’s full name and job title.
- Include the reference’s company and work address.
- List the reference’s phone number and email.
- Give a brief description of your relationship.
Should I put my references on my CV?
People often advise including references on your CV, but this is outdated and incorrect. You should not share your references’ names and contact details (i.e. their data) until you have been offered the job. If you decide to go ahead anyway, your references should go at the end of your CV or on a separate sheet.
How many references should be in a CV?
Traditionally, you should provide at least two references on your CV. The first one should be your current or former employer, and the second can be someone who knows you well in a professional or academic setting.
What are the examples of references?
References: Common Reference List Examples
- Article (With DOI)
- Article (Without DOI)
- Chapter in an Edited Book.
- Dissertations or Theses.
- Legal Material.
- Magazine Article.
- Newspaper Article.
What should you avoid in a CV?
Here are just a few of the most common CV mistakes, according to five employers.
- Having spelling errors and bad grammar.
- Exaggerating the truth.
- Poor formatting.
- An unoriginal personal profile.
- Not focusing on your achievements.
- Making your CV too long.
- Putting the wrong contact information.
How do you create a reference?
Create a bibliography, citations, and references
- Put your cursor at the end of the text you want to cite.
- Go to References > Style, and choose a citation style.
- Select Insert Citation.
- Choose Add New Source and fill out the information about your source.
Do employers actually call references?
Do employers always check references? Essentially, yes. While it’s true that not 100% of Human Resources (HR) departments will call your references during pre-employment screening, most do. If you’re about to begin a job search, you should expect to have your references checked.