How do recruitment events work?
A recruiting event is a recruitment marketing strategy aimed at building and fostering relationships with candidates in a more personal way. There are many types of recruiting events, but in the end they all have the same goal of gaining more qualified applicants and also increasing positive employer branding.
How do you get people to come to a job fair?
How to Attract the Best Job Candidates at Career Fairs
- Save money on advertising for job openings.
- Have in-person access to a large pool of qualified candidates.
- Engage in face-to-face conversations with people that are most interested in joining your team and making contributions to your company.
Do you get hired on the spot at hiring events?
A hiring event- also know as a job fair, career expo, career fair or a recruiting event- is an event typically held by employers, schools, or recruiters that offer on-the-spot interviews to interested candidates.
What do you wear to a recruitment event?
Wear a suit, shirt and tie. Wear matching socks. Don’t wear trainers, even if they’re black….Women:
- Skirts or dresses should be no shorter than just above the knee.
- Check that the length of your skirt or dress is still OK when you sit down, and that the lining doesn’t poke out at the bottom.
What do recruiters do at career fairs?
Recruiters and HR staff. They network as part of their jobs. They’re best positioned to initiate discussions with candidates, present your business in the best light and manage administrative tasks (e.g. gather resumes or contact details.) They can also help coordinate interviews.
What should you hand out at a job fair?
Bring plenty of business cards and relevant fliers or pamphlets. Job seekers will ask for them. Information about your company, jobs, hiring processes, etc. are ideal for a career fair.
Why do companies do hiring events?
A hiring event is a careers fair held by a number of employers and recruitment companies to offer candidates the opportunity to find out more about their company, potential job vacancies and even the opportunity to interview on the spot for a particular role.
What should I bring to a recruiter meeting?
Your recruiter will give you a list of documents you need. They may include government IDs like driver’s license, social security card, high school diploma, birth certificate, college transcripts, medical documents, court documents, etc. Do you need my complete medical and legal history?
What questions do recruiters ask at career fairs?
11 Good Questions To Ask Recruiters At A Career Fair
- Ask Them About Your Desired Role.
- Ask Them About Products & Services The Company Offers.
- Ask About The Company Culture.
- Ask About The Industry.
- Ask About Growth & Career Path Opportunities.
- Ask About Their Experience At The Company.
What do you pass out at a job fair?
Take a look at 12 of my favorite items from this list of practical and useful career fair giveaways.
- Bowie Softy Metal Pen.
- Flip-Up Lid Water Bottle.
- 3-in-1 Flip Power Bank.
- Packable Tote Bag.
- 4-in-1 Keychain Charging Cable.
- Custom Knitted Dress Socks.
- Straw with Wheat Case.
- Notebook with Phone Pocket.
What should I bring to a recruiting event?
What To Bring To A Recruiting Fair
- Extra Copies of Your Resume. Depending on the size of the recruiting fair, you will need 20-40 copies of your resume.
- Target Resumes for Each Career Option.
- Information about the Organizations.
- Energy and Enthusiasm.
- Your Smart Phone.
- Emergency Change of Clothing.