How do I test a method in Visual Studio?
In the Visual Studio editor, set a breakpoint in one or more test methods that you want to debug. Because test methods can run in any order, set breakpoints in all the test methods that you want to debug. In Test Explorer, select the test methods and then choose Debug Selected Tests from the shortcut menu.
How do I run unit test cases in Visual Studio?
Create unit tests
- Open the project that you want to test in Visual Studio.
- In Solution Explorer, select the solution node.
- In the new project dialog box, find the unit test project to use.
What is TestClass C#?
The TestClass attribute denotes a class that contains unit tests. The TestMethod attribute indicates a method is a test method. Save this file and execute dotnet test to build the tests and the class library and then run the tests. The MSTest test runner contains the program entry point to run your tests.
How do you test a method in C#?
In this article
- Create a project to test.
- Create a unit test project.
- Create the test class.
- Create the first test method.
- Build and run the test.
- Fix your code and rerun your tests.
- Use unit tests to improve your code.
- See also.
What are the unit testing tools?
Unit testing tools
How can an individual unit test method be executed or debugged?
Press Ctrl + Shift + ↑ (moves cursor to current method declaration), press Alt + Shift + x (or d for debug) then press t (hotkey for “Run JUnit Test”), check test result, press Alt + ← to get back to the line of code you were before.
How do I test code in Visual Studio?
To display the source code for a test method in the Visual Studio editor, select the test and then choose Open Test on the right-click menu (or press F12).
How do I debug unit tests in Visual Studio?
Two simple steps to debug a unit test in Visual Studio:
- Set a breakpoint in the unit test that you want to debug.
- Right click anywhere within the unit test and select “Debug Tests” from the context menu.