How do I start a SC service?
- Open Start.
- Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
- Type the following command to enable a service and press Enter: sc config “SERVICE-NAME” start=auto In the command, replace “SERVICE-NAME” for the name of the service that you want to enable.
How do you automatically start a service if it stops?
From the desktop, click Start > Control Panel. Double-click Administration Tools. Double-click NetIQ Operations Center Auto-Restart Service. The Auto-Restart service automatically starts when Windows starts.
How do I restart a service remotely?
Sometimes while debugging, I need to restart a service on a remote machine….You can use mmc:
- Start / Run. Type “mmc”.
- File / Add/Remove Snap-in… Click “Add…”
- Find “Services” and click “Add”
- Select “Another computer:” and type the host name / IP address of the remote machine. Click Finish, Close, etc.
What is the sc command in Windows?
The SC command communicates with the Windows Service Controller and installed services. When used with its create command option, you can use it to create a Windows service under which the Endeca Server will run.
How do I restart services in Windows 10?
Restart Windows Service
- Open Services. Windows 8 or 10: Open Start screen, type services. msc and press Enter. Windows 7 and Vista: Click on the Start button, type services. msc in search field and press Enter.
- In the Services pop-up, select the desired application and click the Restart Service button.
What does SC Start do?
SC START and NET START perform the same basic function when starting a service with one very notable, very important difference. SC sends the control to the service and then returns to the command prompt. This typically results in SC START returning the service in a state of START_PENDING.
What is reset fail count after?
Reset fail count after setting is amount of time from service start after which fail counter will be reseted. According to defined sample configurations where each service close unexpectedly after 5s from start each case never hits reset counter definition. To reset counter timeout should be less then 5s ex.
How do you restart services in Windows 10?
Press the Windows Key + R, type in services. msc and press Enter. Locate the Service that you want to start, stop, or restart. Right-click on that Service and click on Start, Stop, or Restart.
What is sc command?
Which Windows tool would you use to restart a service?
Finally, you can use the Task Manager app to start, stop and restart services in Windows 10.