How do I rename a SharePoint administrative database?
Right-click the database, Choose Properties, Select the Options tab. Set the database restricted access property to “Single User Mode”. Rename the database by removing GUID from it (Right-click the database, choose “Rename”).
How do you rename a database?
In Object Explorer, expand Databases, right-click the database to rename, and then select Rename. If the database was your default database, see Reset your default database after rename. Refresh the database list in Object Explorer.
How do I change the database settings in SharePoint?
If the SharePoint farm becomes completely inaccessible, or if the configuration database becomes corrupted, you will have to restore the functionality from the latest farm backup.
- Step 1: Create a new SQL alias on all SharePoint servers in the farm.
- Step 2: Point the SharePoint databases to the new SQL alias.
How do I rename a content database in SharePoint 2013?
You then rename the database by using SQL Server Management Studio. In SQL Server Management Studio, connect to the source SQL Server instance, and then expand the Databases node. Right-click the database that you want to rename, click Rename, and then type the new name.
How do I edit a contents database in SharePoint 2013?
- Central Administration->Application Management->Manage Content Databases:
- Choose the correct Web Application using the Web Application dropdown box on the right side of screen.
- Click Add a Content Database.
- Type in the new database name in the Database Name box and click Ok.
What is content database in SharePoint?
A content database in sharepoint is not the database server itself but container for all the content for a single web application. You can have only one content database for one web application however, you can separate content for multiple websites into multiple content databases for a site collection.
Which of the following is used to rename a database?
ALTER SQL command is a DDL (Data Definition Language) statement. ALTER is used to update the structure of the table in the database (like add, delete, modify the attributes of the tables in the database).
How do you alter a database?
How To Alter Database in SQL Server Management Studio
- Step 1) Rename the Database. Right click on Database name. Click on ‘Rename’.
- Step 2) Enter the New Database Name. Database name will be editable. Enter the new Name and Press Enter.
How do I move a contents database to another server in SharePoint?
In a nutshell, Moving the SharePoint database from one server to another can be achieved with the following steps:
- Step 1: Stop All SharePoint Services:
- Step 2: Backup & Restore All SharePoint Databases to the new SQL Server.
- Step 3: Change the SQL Alias to Point to the new SQL Server.
How do I change a site collection content database?
Moving site collections between content databases. You can use the PowerShell command Move-SPSite to move site collections between content databases.