How do I fix a print spooler in Windows 10?
Fixed: Print Spooler Keeps Stopping on Windows 10
- Solution #1 Run printer troubleshooter.
- Solution #2: Make Sure Print Spooler Service is Set to Automatic.
- Solution #3: Delete Print Spooler Files.
- Solution #4: Restart the Print Spooler Service.
- Solution #5: Uninstall Other (Unnecessary) Printers.
Why is my print spooler service not running?
If the Print Spooler service keeps stopping after your restart it, the problem is most likely related to corrupted printer drivers that are installed on the computer. Try uninstalling all printers and printer software from the computer and start from scratch. This may include PDF writer or faxing software as well.
How do I force Start print spooler?
- Click the Start button and select Run.
- In the Command Prompt type, net stop spooler, then press Enter to Stop the Print Spooler.
- In the Command Prompt type, net start spooler, then press Enter to Start the Print Spooler.
What is a print spooler and how do I fix it?
The print spooler helps your Windows computer interact with the printer, and orders the print jobs in your queue. If you see any error message about the print spooler, this tool has been corrupted or is failing to interact correctly with other software.
How do you fix a spooler problem?
To clear and reset the print spooler, follow these steps: In the search box on the taskbar, type services, and then select Services in the list of results. Select the Standards tab, and then double-click Print Spooler in the list of services. Select Stop, and then select OK.
Did Microsoft fix the print spooler problem?
Microsoft has finally patched the last in a series of security vulnerabilities in its Windows Print Spooler service that could have allowed attackers to remotely control an affected system and install malicious programs or create new accounts.
How do I reset the spooler?
How do I clear the print queue if a document is stuck?
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.
Which program is used to restart the printer spooler in Windows?
Option 1: Restart Print Spooler in Task Manager The easiest way to restart or start print spooler is making use of Task Manager. The steps are listed below: Step 1: Right-click the Start button and choose Task Manager. Also, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination to open Task Manager quickly.
Can you print without print spooler?
Software that Automatically Spools If print spooling is enabled, the print job will take longer because, after the software spools the print job, the computer will spool the spooled document. The second spooling is unnecessary and only delays the printing process.
Can I print without print spooler?
If print spooling is enabled, the print job will take longer because, after the software spools the print job, the computer will spool the spooled document. The second spooling is unnecessary and only delays the printing process.
Is Windows print spooler necessary?
Print Spooler background The Print Spooler service is required when a computer is physically connected to a printer that provides printing services to additional computers on the network.
Why does print spooler keep stopping Windows 10?
If your print spooler recovery settings are incorrect, your print spooler won’t automatically restart if it fails for some reason. To set your recovery settings correctly: 1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.