How do I enter maintenance mode in VMware?
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Client.
- Right-click the host and select Maintenance Mode > Enter Maintenance Mode. If the host is part of a partially automated or manual DRS cluster, browse to Cluster > Monitor > DRS > Recommendations and click Apply Recommendations.
- If applicable, click Yes.
How do I put my datastore in maintenance mode?
Browse to the datastore in the vSphere Client. Right-click the datastore and select Maintenance Mode > Enter Maintenance Mode. A list of recommendations appears for datastore maintenance mode migration. (Optional) On the Placement Recommendations tab, deselect any recommendations you do not want to apply.
How do I enable SDR?
To enable SDRS in the vSphere Web Client:
- Browse to the datastore cluster in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- In the Manage tab, click Settings.
- Under Services, select Storage DRS and click Edit.
- Select Turn ON vSphere DRS and click OK.
What is maintenance mode ESXi?
You place a host in maintenance mode when you need to service it, for example, to install more memory. A host enters or leaves maintenance mode only as the result of a user request.
What is datastore Cluster in vmware?
A datastore cluster is a collection of datastores with shared resources and a shared management interface. Datastore clusters are to datastores what clusters are to hosts. When you create a datastore cluster, you can use vSphere Storage DRS to manage storage resources.
How do I get my ESXi host out of maintenance mode?
To exit from a hung maintenance mode, try one of these options:
- Disconnect the vSphere Client (by closing it) and reconnect to the ESX host to see if the option to exit maintenance mode appears.
- Exit maintenance mode using the vimsh or vim-cmd command.
- Open a console to the ESX or ESXi host.
How do I setup a datastore Cluster?
By default, all virtual disks for a virtual machine are placed on the same datastore.
- Initial Placement and Ongoing Balancing.
- Storage Migration Recommendations.
- Create a Datastore Cluster.
- Enable and Disable Storage DRS.
- Set the Automation Level for Datastore Clusters.
- Setting the Aggressiveness Level for Storage DRS.
How do I set up a datastore Cluster?
- Browse to data centers in the vSphere Client.
- Right-click the data center object and select New Datastore Cluster.
- To complete the New Datastore Cluster wizard, follow the prompts.
- Click Finish.