How do I change the default My Documents folder in Windows 7?
- Go to Windows Start > Open “Computer.”
- Click the triangle next to “Documents.”
- Right-click the “My Documents” folder.
- Click “Properties” > Select the “Location” tab.
- Type “H:\docs” in the bar > Click [Apply].
- A message box may ask you if you want to move the contents of the folder to the new folder.
How do I change the default hard drive for Documents and apps in Windows 7?
In the Settings window, click System. In the System window, choose the Storage tab on the left and then scroll down to the “Save locations” section on the right. Use the drop-down menus to change the storage locations for each type of file (documents, music, pictures, and videos).
How do I restore the default location of My Documents folder?
Restoring the Default My Documents Path Right-click My Documents (on the desktop), and then click Properties. Click Restore Default. where user ID is the appropriate user ID.
How do I change the location of My Documents folder?
1] Change default location of Documents folder using Properties
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the Documents folder located in C:\Users\
- Right-click on the folder and select Properties.
- Open Location tab and enter the desired new path.
- Click Move.
- It will open the Explorer dialog box.
How do I make all my Downloads go to my D drive?
Please follow the steps to set the location of your default download folder.
- a) Click on Start, then click on Computer.
- b) Click on C:\ drive, and then click on User’s folder.
- c) Under user’s folder click on your user name, then click on Downloads, right click on downloads select Properties.
- d) Click on the Location Tab.
How do I get File Explorer to open to a specific folder?
To open Windows File Explorer to a specific folder, create a shortcut to “%SYSTEMROOT%\explorer.exe /e,”, where “” is the folder of your choice.
How do I make D drive my default?
From the book
- Click Start, and then click Settings (the gear icon) to open the Settings app.
- Click System.
- Click the Storage tab.
- Click the Change Where New Content Is Saved link.
- In the New Apps Will Save To list, select the drive you want to use as the default for app installs.
Can I move Windows folder from C drive to D drive?
To make the move, open C:\Users, double-click your user profile folder, and then right-click any of the default subfolders there and click Properties. On the Location tab, click Move, and then select the new location for that folder.
How do I move files from C drive to D drive?
#1: Copy files from C drive to D drive via Drag and Drop Double-click Computer or This PC to open Windows File Explorer. Step 2. Navigate to the folders or files you want to move, right click them and select Copy or Cut from the given options.
How do I set D drive as default?