How do I change my last name on my Social Security card in Washington state?
To change your name on your card, you must show us documents proving your legal name change and identity. You also must show us a document proving your U.S. citizenship, if it is not already in our records. You must present original documents or copies certified by the agency that issued them.
How do I change my last name in Vancouver WA?
A person desiring to change their name may file an action in the District Court of their residence. Petitions are available in the District Court Administration Office and below. Filing Fees: Filing fees are due at the time of filing and are non-refundable.
Can I change my name online in Washington state?
To do this, log in to an existing OIC Online Services account and select “Change Name.” The service costs and requires one of the following documents reflecting the new legal name: A copy of a certified marriage certificate. A copy of a certified court order. New social security card.
How much does it cost to change your name in Vancouver Washington?
Keep in mind that name change fees can cost in the range of $150 – $200 depending on your district and how many copies of the court order you request. The Petition must state your current name, the new name you want and the reasons for the name change.
How do I change my name after marriage in WA?
Married or de facto couples, and their children under 18 years old, can apply together as a family to register a change of name. Each person wanting to change their name must complete an Application to Register a Change of Name form, and provide the necessary supporting evidence or documents.
How do I change my name after marriage WA?
- Fill out a Petition for Change of Name. It must state all of these: Your current legal name and the name you want.
- File a Petition in the district court of the county where you live. You must show photo ID when you file.
- Schedule a hearing date. The clerk will schedule a date for you to appear before a judge.
How do you change your name after getting married?
How to Change Your Name in 10 Steps
- Get Your Marriage License and Certified Copies.
- Update Your Social Security Card.
- Get a New Driver’s License.
- Get a New Passport and Travel Documents.
- Change the Name on Your Bank Accounts.
- Change the Name on Your Credit Cards.
- Provide Your New Name and Banking Information to Your Employer.