How do 400m athletes train?
The 400 meter race requires pacing and fatigue management during the race. 400 meter training requires both anaerobic (70%+) and aerobic (40%) energy. Longer sprint races like 400 meter have different biomechanical and physiological mechanisms than short sprint races.
What are good workouts for 400 runners?
- Warm up: 1 mile in and outs (100M sprint; 100M walk) each lap faster; last lap 200M sprint.
- 2 X 500 Meter: 70% on 400M; 80% last 100M/ rest 5′ between 15′ at end.
- 2 X 200 Meter: 75%; rest 30”
- 4 X 40 Meter: Quick; rest 20”
How do I practice for the 400?
In essence the Finn’s research helped Anderson conclude that a good 400 training program needs the following:
- 100s run at close to full speed with full recoveries (5-8 minutes)
- 300s run at close to full speed with full recoveries (8 minutes or longer)
- 400s run at close to full speed with short recoveries (3 minutes)
How can I increase my stamina in 400m?
Stamina workouts are characterized by running 600 to 800 meters at a pace slightly slower than your 400-meter pace. For example, if your time for the 400-meter sprint is 60 seconds, perform the stamina workout by running 600 to 800 meters at a pace of about 70 seconds per 400 meters. Repeat for four to six rounds.
Should 400m runners lift weights?
Because weight training increases power output — necessary in speed training — weight training is imperative for 400-meter athletes to increase their strength and overall speed. A stronger sprinter is a faster sprinter.
Do 400m sprints build muscle?
While it’s adequate and can contribute to fat loss, we feel it can have a negative effect on strength and muscle mass due to the promotion of slow twitch muscle fibres. Interval training and/or 400m sprints are optimal to maximize fat loss while retaining muscle mass by working anaerobically.
What is Usain Bolt’s 400m?
|400 Metres||45.28||05 MAY 2007|
|4×100 Metres Relay||36.84||11 AUG 2012|
|Medley Relay||1:46.59||25 JUL 2006|
|4×400 Metres Relay||3:01.10||24 APR 2004|