How can I check my RMAN catalog?
Determining the Recovery Catalog Schema Version
- Use SQL*Plus to connect to the recovery catalog database as the catalog owner. For example, enter: % sqlplus [email protected]
- Query the rcver catalog table. For example, run this query: SQL> SELECT * FROM rcver; VERSION ———— 09.00.01.00 10.02.01.00 11.01.00.03.
What is RMAN catalog?
The RMAN recovery catalog is a schema created inside of a new or existing database that is used to store metadata about Oracle databases. It’s recommended by XTIVIA that the catalog be created in its own dedicated database due to the importance of its role in database recovery.
How do I list a catalog file in RMAN?
You can also catalog multiple backup files in a directory at once, using the CATALOG START WITH command, as shown in this example: RMAN> CATALOG START WITH ‘/disk1/backups/’; RMAN lists the files to be added to the RMAN repository and prompts for confirmation before adding the backups.
What is auxiliary database in Oracle RMAN?
AUXILIARY DATABASE – An Auxiliary Database is a standby database that will be created as a result of the duplication of the target database. In RMAN’s terminology, Auxiliary instance identifies an instance which RMAN connects in order to execute the duplicate command.
How does RMAN connect to catalog database?
To connect to RMAN from the operating system command line and hide authentication information, you must first start RMAN and then perform either of the following actions:
- Run the CONNECT commands at the RMAN prompt.
- Run a command file at the RMAN prompt that contains the connection information.
How do I view archive logs in RMAN?
RMAN List Command
- Database. The LIST command allows the backup data to be listed in the RMAN utility.
- Archive Logs. To list all archive logs use: RMAN> LIST ARCHIVELOG ALL;
- Backup sets.
- Datafile Image Copies.
- Controlfile Image Copies.
How do I view an RMAN backup?
To display selected backups:
- Connect RMAN to the target database as described in “Connecting to the Target Database Using RMAN.”
- Use the LIST BACKUP or LIST COPY command to display the specified backups, both backup sets and image copies.
What is target database in RMAN?
A target database is the Oracle database that must be backed up or restored using RMAN. Connections to the target database require the SYSDBA or SYSBACKUP administrative privilege. To connect to the target database: Open a command window.