Does Rubbermaid FastTrack work with configurations?
All FastTrack Closet Accessories are compatible with both Expandable and Customizable Closets.
How do you layout a closet?
Use a tape measure, pencil and notepad to accurately record the dimensions of the closet.
- Measure the height from the floor to the ceiling.
- Measure the length of usable wall space. For reach-in closets, measure the back wall. For walk-in closets, measure the back and side walls.
- Measure the depth of the space.
How do you build a simple closet organizer?
- Measure the Closet Space. Crafting your own DIY closet organizer is simple.
- Measure Pieces for Closet Organizer. You’ll use 3/4-inch plywood to make this closet organizer.
- Cut Shelf Supports.
- Cut the Shelves.
- Attach Shelf Support to Wall.
- Assemble the Central Unit.
- Position the Central Unit in the Closet.
- Install Long Shelves.
Are Rubbermaid Configurations and Closetmaid interchangeable?
Closetmaid shelf supports and shelves will fit on the Rubbermaid or Elfa vertical hangers and vice versa. If money is not a concern then buy the Elfa, built like a tank will last forever and looks better than the others with the right accessories.
How do you Organise deep wardrobe shelves?
Organize items in labeled plastic containers. Use small plastic containers—each roughly 12 inches (30 cm) by 5 inches (13 cm)—to store related items in the closet. You can organize the plastic containers 2 or even 3 rows deep, and still remember where each type of item is stored.
How do you build a closet organizer with drawers?
- Step 1: Build the Frame. Drill ½ in.
- Step 2: Build the Drawers. Drill 2½ in.
- Step 3: Attach Drawer Glides.
- Step 4: Attach Trim to Drawer Faces.
- Step 5: Attach the Shelves.
- Step 6: Attach the Wood Veneer.
- Step 7: Caulk and Paint the Closet Organizer.
- Step 8: Install Lights, Closet Rods, Drawer Pulls.
Is it cheaper to build your own closet?
The cost to build a closet is between $17 and $30 per square foot. More customized projects (think, a Kim Kardashian-worthy walk-in) will cost more, while simple custom closets built into an existing space will cost less.
What is a closet organizer?
All-in-one closet organization systems that make it easy to transform your space. Hang shelves and rods vertically or horizontally to create rows and maximize space.
Where do you store organization bins in a closet?
Organization bins can be stored on the floor of your closet or on available shelving, such as the shelf located above your curtain rod. These neutral organization bins from Pottery Barn feature a sturdy frame that makes them stackable.
What are the best closet design ideas?
Symmetrical layouts are a great way to design a child’s closet and can be spiced up with baskets, cubbies and boxes of different colors. When adults are sharing a large closet, consider tailored walk-in closet design ideas that can maximize the space while providing for the different needs that come with men’s and women’s clothes.
How can I maximize the space in my Closet?
The right configuration can maximize your space by providing hangers, shelves and accessories like shoe rods, wire baskets, and drawers. Double rods are a great way to maximize usable space in a closet. Many companies that sell kits also have online tools that help you design a layout and configuration that best suit your needs.