Does my Comcast modem need a phone line?
To use Xfinity Voice service you need a telephone handset and electrical outlets. Inside wiring and jacks are not required for service. Handsets may be connected directly to a Comcast Wireless Gateway device, or inside wiring and jacks can be connected to provide phone service throughout a residence.
Does Xfinity come with a landline?
Does Xfinity offer landline service? Yes, Xfinity offers landline phone services for long and short distance calls.
How do I connect my Comcast landline to my modem?
To connect a telephone line:
- Connect one end of the phone cable to the Tel1 (Voice) port on the rear panel of the modem router.
- Connect the other end of the phone cable to the telephone.
- Call Comcast XFINITY customer service at 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489) or 1-855-OK-BEGIN and ask them to register the phone lines.
How do I connect my landline phone to my modem?
If you have a dial-up modem, plug one end of a phone line into the “Line” port of the modem, and plug the other end into the wall jack. Then, connect another phone line from the phone to the “Phone 1” or “Tel 1” port on the modem.
Is Cable phone considered a landline?
What are Phone Cables? Phone cables services are often referred to as landlines. These are phones that utilize analog to send and receive signals between two phones after they must have passed through some physical hardware that connects them.
How do I connect my phone to Xfinity?
Connect to Xfinity WiFi Away from Home
- Make sure WiFi is turned on.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Make sure WiFi is set to On.
- Once WiFi is turned on, wait a moment as your Android phone detects the WiFi networks in range.
- Find xfinitywifi from the list of available networks and tap it.
Can I connect my modem to any phone line?
The answer is yes. If you plug your DSL modem or router/modem into any phone socket in your house, and you’re a digital service subscriber, it will work. The only thing you need to worry about is the telephone you’ll be using.
Can I plug a phone into my modem?
Plug one end of the second telephone cable into the input jack on the telephone. Plug the other end of this cable into the “Phone” port on the modem. Please note: the “Phone” port may have a picture of a telephone on it rather than the word “Phone.”
How do I activate my Xfinity landline?
- Open a web browser. You should automatically be directed to the XFINITY Activation page. If not, please go to www.xfinity.com/activate.
- Enter the account information and additional details for which you are asked via the webpage.
- After entering the appropriate information, activation will be complete.