Can wretch be used as a verb?
Wretch isn’t even a verb, so the very common misspelling of retching as wretching doesn’t really make any sense because wretching is not a word.
Is wretched a noun or verb?
Definition of wretched adjective, wretch·ed·er, wretch·ed·est. very unfortunate in condition or circumstances; miserable; pitiable.
What is word meaning of wretch?
a miserable person
Definition of wretch 1 : a miserable person : one who is profoundly unhappy or in great misfortune. 2 : a base, despicable, or vile person. Synonyms Example Sentences Learn More About wretch.
What kind of word is wretch?
a deplorably unfortunate or unhappy person.
How do you use wretch in a sentence?
Wretch sentence example
- The old wretch had torn and dirty clothes.
- The kind little boy shared his lunch with the wretch .
- Help her.
- He had lost his fortune and become a wretch .
- The poor child was a wretch in torn clothes.
- How sweet the sound That saved a wretch like me!
Can wretched be a noun?
An unhappy, unfortunate, or miserable person. An unpleasant, annoying person. (archaic) An exile.
How do you use wretched in a sentence?
Wretched sentence example
- The condition of slaves at Athens was not in general a wretched one.
- He returned to a wretched kingdom, torn with civil war.
- It proved a wretched exchange.
- Johnson was a wretched etymologist.
How do you use the word wretch?
What are some synonyms of wretched?
What is the noun form of wretched?
wretch. An unhappy, unfortunate, or miserable person. An unpleasant, annoying person. (archaic) An exile.
What is a sentence for wrench?
Examples of wrench in a Sentence Verb I tried to wrench free from his grip. I tried to wrench myself free from his grip. He wrenched his back when he tried to lift a heavy box.
What is an antonym for wretch?
Opposite of an unkind, evil or unscrupulous person. angel. gentleman. humanitarian. hero.