Can I mix coconut milk with condensed milk?
Sweetened condensed milk is easy to make at home—you just simmer milk and sugar on the stovetop to thicken and reduce. A dairy-free version, made with coconut milk, is just as simple. Combine coconut milk and sugar in a pot, then leisurely reduce by half.
What can I make with shredded coconut and condensed milk?
These coconut macaroons are super easy to fix, calling for just three ingredients. They are a simple combination of flaked sweetened coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla flavoring. They’re also gluten free, making them an ideal treat for those watching their gluten intake.
What do you do with sweetened condensed milk?
My Favorite Ways to Use Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Turn it into a one-ingredient caramel sauce. One of the most magical things you can do with a can of sweetened condensed milk is turn it into caramel.
- Add it to your morning coffee or tea.
- Make tres leches cake.
- Drizzle it on top of fresh fruit.
- Make rolled ice cream.
How do you make condensed coconut milk into caramel?
Slow Cooker. Making caramel in the slow cooker is the easiest method, but also the most time-consuming. Place the cans of condensed coconut milk in the slow cooker and fill with warm water, until it is about 1-2 inches above the cans. Set on slow for 8 hours.
Can you replace sweetened condensed milk with coconut milk?
Simmering a can of full-fat coconut milk with ¼ cup of sugar will result in another great dairy-free substitute for sweetened condensed milk. Whisk the coconut milk and sugar in a saucepan, bring the mixture to just below boiling and then allow the mixture to simmer for 30 minutes.
What does condensed coconut milk taste like?
The product is sweet, sticky, and thick, just like the cow’s milk version. Again, the only difference was a slight hint of coconut flavor, which I could not smell, but could taste. And, by the way, this stuff tastes absolutely wonderful straight from the can.
What desserts can you make with shredded coconut?
32 Best Coconut Desserts (+ Easy Recipes)
- Chocolate Coconut Ladoo. This fudgy Indian treat is a little like a truffle.
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles.
- Coconut Cupcakes.
- Easy Coconut Cheesecake.
- Coconut Chess Pie.
- Almond Joy Cookies Recipe with Shredded Coconut.
- Best-Ever Bahama Mamas.
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Can you drink condensed milk by itself?
Sweetened condensed milk is one of those foods. We know what you’re thinking — it’s sugar overload, it’s thick and sticky, it’s syrupy and it is definitely not to be consumed on its own by the spoonful.
Can you boil sweetened condensed coconut milk?
Whisk regularly to prevent burning. Reduce the heat, bringing the coconut milk to a simmer, then add the sweetener, whisking until it’s completely dissolved. Allow to simmer for 30-45 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced by half. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool completely before using in recipes.
How do you make dulce de leche with coconut milk?
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Pour in the full-fat coconut milk, sugar, and salt.
- Whisk well to combine. Once at a soft boil, immediately reduce heat to low.
- Use a wooden or silicone spatula to stir occasionally.
- Turn off heat and allow the coconut dulce de leche to cool for a few minutes.