Yahoo Mail has been among some of the most popularly used mail services in the past. However, the company has been suffering a major setback over the years, but has not given up. While they might have shut down the Yahoo Messenger, the Yahoo Mail app is still doing good, thanks to the hundreds of millions of users who still, for some reason, continue using the Yahoo Mail services.
A Major update has arrived today for the Yahoo Mail app, and here is the official changelog –
- Stationary: We know you love sending fun, thoughtful emails whether you’re on your computer or your phone, so we’re bringing Stationery, courtesy of Paperless Post, to Android. Now you can add an extra touch to your emails with our Stationery themes, making that birthday wish to your best friend or thank you letter to Grandma that much more special.
- Document Preview: Previewing an attachment will not only save you space and data, but you can now view large files on your phone or tablet significantly faster, without any download.
- Home Screen Widgets: We’re adding a fourth widget that shows the unread message count for all your accounts and mailboxes.
- Disable Swiping: You ask, we deliver. We’re bringing you the ability to turn off the swipe to delete functionality. Never accidentally delete an email again.
- Spacing: We want to make sure your inbox reads just how you like it. So, as many of you have requested, you can now choose five levels of inbox spacing, from super-dense (no avatars, no message snippet) to super-expanded (several lines of message snippet).
- Update to Themes: We’ve updated the dark grey theme to be extra-high-contrast.
There have been many changes which have been made to the Yahoo Mail app after today’s update, and many big changes are all set to come our way after this. However, the bigger question is – how long before this service too, meets the same fate as the Yahoo Messenger.